Home to more than 15,000 college students, Boone, North Carolina is a bustling college town and international tourist destination. Located at 3,333 feet above sea level, in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Northwest North Carolina, Boone has generated a culture that the locals are proud to claim as their own. BIR is a group of restaurateurs, partnered with local and regional companies, devoted to sustaining the independent restaurant as a fixture of Boone's culture. Our member restaurants all bring tastes and experiences offered nowhere else.
Our Mission is to unite the independent restaurants in and around Boone, NC to preserve the individuality of the community served by each member establishment; improve quality, service, and social responsibility of each member restaurant; and ensure the longevity of our member establishments.
- Market member establishments effectively
- Generate excitement around independent restaurants
- Sustain an effective non-profit organization
- Educate member establishments on responsible business practices
- Make the public aware of the benefits of dining locally