- FORK IT OVER | food for funds
- New Member Spotlight: Local Lion and Timberlake’s Restaurant
- BiR And Booneview Working To Promote High Country Food
- Vidalia: Hanover Park Vineyard Wine Dinner
- High Country Chef’s Showcase
- Joy Bistro: Chef’s Five Course Tasting and Wine Pairing
- St. Patrick’s Day At Mast Farm Inn
- Live Music and Food Specials At The Rock
- Live Music at Pepper’s Restaurant and Bar
- Craft Beer Education Afternoon At Pepper’s Restuarant
1861 Farmhouse Restaurant and Winery
Thanks for your patronage this year. 1861 is closed for the season. See ya spring 2104!
The 1861 Farmhouse
The 1861 Farmhouse is the only High Country restaurant which boasts its own, award-winning winery, as well as an organic garden! Located in a beautifully restored, Civil War-era farmhouse in the heart of historic Valle Crucis, The 1861 serves unforgettable Southern-inspired lunches and dinners. Enjoy cozy, fireside dining in the winter, and wonderful fresh-air dining with a beautiful valley view in the summer and fall.
The 1861 Winery is located in a fully-restored barn, which, along with The 1861 Farmhouse, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The wines produced here are an impressive line-up of classic European varietals which have been garnering numerous awards since the winery opened in 2011.
The story of The 1861 is so compelling, from its construction at the start of the Civil War, to the important role its owners, the Taylor family, held in the history of Valle, to its new life as a restaurant known for its Southern hospitality and award-winning wines. We invite you come visit – and to step back in time.
The 1861 Farmhouse Restaurant and Winery is now operating under our winter schedule, to run through the end of April.
We are open every Friday and Saturday for both lunch and dinner, and every Sunday for Brunch from 11:00 til 3:00.
Wine tastings are available Friday through Sunday from 12 to 5.
For the two weeks of Christmas, we will have expanded hours. See website for details.