- FORK IT OVER | food for funds
- Vidalia Italian Wine Dinner May 12th
- Kiwanis Community Days At Casa Rustica
- New Member Spotlight: Local Lion and Timberlake’s Restaurant
- BiR And Booneview Working To Promote High Country Food
- Vidalia: Hanover Park Vineyard Wine Dinner
- High Country Chef’s Showcase
- Joy Bistro: Chef’s Five Course Tasting and Wine Pairing
- St. Patrick’s Day At Mast Farm Inn
- Live Music and Food Specials At The Rock
Peter and Sara Pedroni’s dreams and visions were fulfilled when Casa Rustica Restaurant opened in December of 1981. When Peter found Boone, North Carolina he knew he was in the right spot. Not only did he see a wonderful place to raise his children, Laura and Rick, but he was also reminded of his hometown, Cannobio, in the Lake Region of Italy.
Casa Rustica is a true family restaurant built on original recipes from Peter’s mother, Pina, and his own worldly culinary expertise. Laura and Rick grew up helping their parents in the restaurant. Many of our local customers remember Rick bussing tables and later Laura hostessing in one of her many beautiful hats. As the years passed Peter and Sara kept expanding the restaurant by adding the veranda and lounge areas. Eventually the time came for Peter and Sara to retire, so Rick decided to take over ownership in 2000. Rick worked very hard in the restaurant keeping all of his father’s original recipes using the freshest ingredients.
He also added a few touches including new menu items and some upgrades like free range beef. It was amazing that he had time to look up outside of the restaurant, but when he did he found his future bride, Elizabeth, walking into the ski shop next door – it was love at first sight! Rick and Elizabeth’s love grew and they married in June of 2004.
Now, blessed with a fantastic friendly staff, Rick and Elizabeth continue the wonderful family tradition that is Casa Rustica Restaurant.