- High Country Small Plate Crawl
- Small Plate Crawl Lineup Taking Shape
- Sam Adams Tap Takeover at Pepper’s
- BiR Member Appreciation Social
- 10 Best Things About Thanksgiving in the High Country
- Makoto’s & The Rock Charity Golf Tournament
- Casa Rustica Charity Golf Tournament
- Joy Bistro Chef’s Five Course Tasting & Wine Pairing
- Local Restaurants Participating In Plates For The Parkway June 16-19
- FORK IT OVER | food for funds
Local Lion Espresso Bar & Homemade Doughnuts
Boone’s Coffee and Doughnut Drive-through
The Local Lion is a family owned and operated business. Josiah Davis, a Watauga County native, grew up in Boone and is a graduate of Watauga High School. He and his wife, Meredith, are graduates of Appalachian State University. Seeing that Boone was missing a drive-thru coffee shop and doughnut shop, the idea of the Local Lion was born. Josiah and Meredith found doughnut equipment for sale located in Roan Mountain, TN. Little did they know this discovery included the doughnut baking knowledge of award winning bakers, Tim and Crystal Dekker. Tim and Crystal of Smoky Mountain Bakery, generously trained Josiah and Meredith in the art of making doughnuts from scratch the old fashioned way.
As written from Meredith Davis.. ” A few years ago our family went camping up on Snake Mountain. While Josiah was out gathering firewood a mountain lion walked up the path and passed by our campsite. A minute later Josiah came up the same path and had not even see the lion. We like to say he was following the path of the mountain lion….though he never saw it. When we looked to name our shop, we recalled this experience and thought the name would capture a piece of the High Country.
We are open Monday – Saturday 7am-8:30 pm