- High Country Small Plate Crawl
- Small Plate Crawl Lineup Taking Shape
- Sam Adams Tap Takeover at Pepper’s
- BiR Member Appreciation Social
- 10 Best Things About Thanksgiving in the High Country
- Makoto’s & The Rock Charity Golf Tournament
- Casa Rustica Charity Golf Tournament
- Joy Bistro Chef’s Five Course Tasting & Wine Pairing
- Local Restaurants Participating In Plates For The Parkway June 16-19
- FORK IT OVER | food for funds
Pizza • Pasta • Subs
Primo’s is an Italian Restaurant. It is a pizza place. It is a great place to bring your family, or come with your friends to watch a game. Primo’s is the kind of place you come to just have a beer and a slice, but end up staying for 3 hours and having dessert. It is a cool place to enjoy a cold drink and live music on the patio. Primo’s is kinda casual and kinda fancy. Primo’s is also a place where customers have said,
“That was the best thing I ever ate.”
Primo’s is locally owned and operated by Executive Chef Myleia Slagle, and her daughter, Beverly (Miller) Ward, both born and raised down the road in West Jefferson. Chef Myleia has well over a decade of experience preparing delicious food. According to Beverly, “When we say our food is homemade, and ‘Just like Mom’s,’ it literally is…My Mom’s.” No, we are not Italian. We are just Mountain Girls that bought an Italian Restaurant, and love cooking good food. Beverly is proud to be ASU Alumni, and Myleia is a proud graduate of the Culinary Program at Wilkes Community College.
Primo’s mission is to make incredible food and memorable experiences, using fresh ingredients, family recipes, and passion for cooking.
EXPERIENCE AND AWARDS
Myleia has accumulated 14 years of culinary experience, cooking at the WCC Walker Center and Grandfather Mountain Country Club, and as Executive Chef for Glendale Springs Inn in Ashe County, and 6th & Main in North Wilkesboro. She has won cooking competitions, been featured in “Our State Magazine,” and cooked for celebrities. Chef Myleia loves to cook for everyone in the Primo’s family, including employees.